Paladin PvE Tanking Build
Buy WoW Gold Cheap
- Buy WoW Gold Classic Paypal at Mulefactory. WoW Classic Coupon:
wowcgold & WoW Gold Coupon:
wowrgold. Payments: Paypal, Skrill, Bitcoin.
For those who want to tank in 5-man instances or raid, investing heavily into protection tree is advised. Since patch 3.0.2, there are less useful talents than points to spend at level 80, so we see a lot of tanking builds with some minor variation here and there. However, the following talents can be considered as the most important at level 80:
- 5/5 Divine Strength
- Increases your total Strength by 15%. Threat-improving talent.
- 5/5 Anticipation
- Increases your chance to dodge by 5%. Survivability talent.
- 5/5 Toughness
- Increases your armor value from items by 2% and reduces the duration of all movement slowing effects by 6%. Survivability talent.
- 3/3 Improved Righteous Fury
- While Righteous Fury is active, all damage taken is reduced by 6%. Survivability talent.
- 1/1 Blessing of Sanctuary
- Places a Blessing on the friendly target, reducing damage taken from all sources by 3% for 10 min. In addition, when the target blocks, parries, or dodges a melee attack the target will gain 10 rage, 20 runic power, or 2% of maximum mana. Players may only have one Blessing on them per Paladin at any one time. The tankadins' main mana source.
- 2/2 Sacred Duty
- Increases your total Stamina by 6%, reduces the cooldown of your Divine Shield and Divine Protection spells by 60 sec and reduces the attack speed penalty by 100%. Survivability talent.
- 5/5 One-Handed Weapon Specialization
- Increases all damage you deal when a one-handed melee weapon is equipped by 10%. Threat-improving talent.
- 1/1 Holy Shield
- Increases chance to block by 30% for 10 sec and deals 211 Holy damage for each attack blocked while active. Each block expends a charge. 8 charges. Survivability, threat-improving and mana-generating talent.
- 5/5 Ardent Defender
- When you have less than 35% health, all damage taken is reduced by 30%. Survivability talent.
- 3/3 Redoubt
- Increases your block value by 30% and damaging melee and ranged attacks against you have a 10% chance to increase your chance to block by 30%. Lasts 10 sec or 5 blocks. Survivability and (with Holy Shield) threat-improving talent.
- 3/3 Combat Expertise
- Increases your expertise by 6, total Stamina and chance to critically hit by 6%. Survivability and threat-improving talent.
- 3/3 Touched by the Light
- Increases your spell power by an amount equal to 30% of your Stamina and increases the amount healed by your critical heals by 30%. Threat-improving talent.
- 1/1 Avenger's Shield
- Hurls a holy shield at the enemy, dealing [846 + 0.07 * SPH + 0.07 * AP] to [1034 + 0.07 * SPH + 0.07 * AP] Holy damage, Dazing them and then jumping to additional nearby enemies. Affects 3 total targets. Lasts 10 sec. Threat-improving talent.
- 2/2 Guarded by the Light
- Reduces spell damage taken by 6% and reduces the mana cost of your Holy Shield, Avenger's Shield and Shield of Righteousness spells by 30%. Survivability and mana-saving talent.
- 3/3 Shield of the Templar
- Increases the damage of your Holy Shield, Avenger's Shield and Shield of Righteousness spells by 30%. Threat-improving talent.
- 2/2 Judgements of the Just
- Your Judgement spells also reduce the melee attack speed of the target by 20%. Survivability talent.
- 1/1 Hammer of the Righteous
- Hammer the current target and up to 2 additional nearby targets, causing 4 times your main hand damage per second as Holy damage. Threat-improving talent. This spell applys the current seal to all three targets!
- 5/5 Deflection
(Retribution) - Increases your Parry chance by 5%. Survivability talent (with a minimum of threat-improvement).
- 1/2 Improved Judgements
(Retribution) - Decreases the cooldown of your Judgement spells by 1 sec. A judgement cooldown of 9 seconds is optimal for finding your personal spell rotation, as all important spells have a cooldown of 6 or 9 seconds.
Common gap-filling talents skilled are:
- Blessing of Kings
and Improved Blessing of Kings
: Besides the extra stamina and dodge (from agility), the additional strength significantly improves both mitigation and threat generation. Therefore, unless you are certain that you can always get BoK from someone else, it is highly advised to max them.
- Improved Devotion Aura
: This talent was buffed enormously compared to its TBC version. It provides more extra armor than before at lesser talent points cost, as well as the additional healing bonus to the whole party.
So a basic tanking build would look something like:
Basic Tanking Build (0/56/6)
with 9 points free to spend.
The last few points can be added to other useful talents, such as Seals of the Pure
, Heart of the Crusader
, Improved Hammer of Justice
, Divine Guardian
or Pursuit of Justice
Other viable but less desirable choices:
- Reduced the duration of all Stun effects by an additional 10/20/30% and reduces the chance your spells will be dispelled by an additional 10/20/30%. The main use of this talent is PvP, but if you do not want to talent Blessing of Kings
, this can be used as gap-filler. Not recommended for pure PvE tankadins.
- Gives you a 10% chance after blocking or being hit by any damaging attack that the next 4 weapon swings within 8 sec will generate an additional attack. Useful for leveling and AoE farming but its contribution when main-tanking is minimal.
Choices that you MUST avoid:
Protection Talents Builds
Retribution Talents Builds
Holy Talents Builds
Basic Partying Strategies
Level Paladin Quests
Attributes & Stats
Seal of Righteousness
Class Armour Sets
Solo PVE Technique
Group PVE Technique
One-on-One PVP Technique
Abilities and Talents
PvE Tanking Build
Holy Talent Guide
Protection Talent Guide
Retribution Talent Guide
Tanking Damage Guides
Silvalor's Compendium of Blessings
What Do Paladins Need?
Basic Leveling/soloing Strategies
What is a Paladin?
- Guardian's Favor
is very useful in PvP but a waste of talent points for tanks.
- Seal of Command is NOT a good seal for tanking because its damage is proportional to the physical damage of the weapon. Use Seal of the Martyr
or Seal of Blood
when you need single target dps, such as when soloing, PvPing or off-tanking.
- Improved Blessing of Might
is only worth the points for tankadins when you buff it to your group/raid members - you will mostly buff yourself with Blessing of Kings
or Blessing of Sanctuary
may look wonderful at first. Unfortunately, most of the mobs (especially bosses) are immune to it.
The Burning Crusade